My future job


I must confess I do not like any job. But because maybe I should survive, I think a good job could be work as a book’s editor. Some years ago I had thought to work as one of these but I did not know nothing about what means book’s edition so I started to learn. Even, I get the equipment necessary to have a little –very little– editorial with its own ability to make a full book: a printing house.  That is the job I would like to continue doing, but there are some bad things in it.



To edit a book is a job harder than I had imagined. It requires a lot of time to make all the steps necessaries just to have a digital book. It is a lonely and repetitive work, just in front of a computer. And then you must make the book, what means, again, waste time and, by other hand, to have money to buy materials. Do not even talk about the sales, because sometimes people become angry when you sell them a good quality book (I mean, in content and making) in his correct price, specially being not famous Chilean poetry, what I try to do.




But after all, when you have the final product, the book, in your hands, it seems like a really nice job. It is very interesting, because you can –must– read a lot and, in this way, find some good writers. If poverty was not so much and incomes so few, I definitely would work as an editor.

Comments

  1. Oh i think is so cool that you know how make a book´s edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I would like to learn bookbinding, it is in my future plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great job to edit books, I hope that at some point people will appreciate this job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, edit books is very interesting for me. Some time ago me too edited books. My favorite process was to the apply paste on the book and bind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog