I think I had written in other post I am not very interested in sociology. This means I do not remember the most of the subjects I have approved and, because of this reason, I do not know if as department we need to dedicate more hours to statistic or qualitative techniques, etc…


However, I would like the career has a more philosophical orientation because I think sociologist we do not reflect sufficiently. For example, we are very skilled when we have to talk about the multiple ways of domination but we are not so sure when we must to say why this happen. Marx was a genius, nobody could reject that, but maybe he did not think enough this point. By the way, Benjamin did this and in his little –and unfinished– essay ‘Capitalism as a religion’ he tried to explain that a lot of sociological things have a non-sociological base. Other example, in his words: capitalism debt its success not just to the power of bourgeois and their ability to manipulate to State and to moral, but in a deep sense to a have close involved with the secret wish of proletarians to need a reduction of uncertainty (what Benjamin means with ‘religion’), one of the reason of why same society born. So, as sociologist, instead to be worried about the political conjunction or how to save something, maybe could be a wisest idea to think again the foundations of our career. This could do we discover a lot of troubles we had not noticed yet and possibly could clear others.



Finally, maybe some Andrea Mardones should be named career’s boss because people say she is very kind.

Comments

  1. A philosophical orientation would be bad for me, I’m terrible in philosophy ahahahah :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wou! you´r suggesting a very big change! you thing that is possible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhahaha I'm so agree with that some Andrea Mardones should be name career's boss Hhahahah. I like your perspective respect to sociology :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The course that I had of philosophy was very bad, I hope that the new mesh is better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog